Happy Blog Birthday...and the "One Lovely Blog" Award!

The 'One Lovely Blog' Award from Wendy at the Butterfly Balcony (2012).

I must start by apologising as this receiving blog post is long...long overdue! My deep thank you goes to the lovely Wendy from the Butterfly Balcony [You can find Wendy's blog here: thebutterflybalcony.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/blog-award-even-more-random-facts-about] for giving me this "One Lovely Blog" Award a few months ago. Wendy is such a lovely blogger, talented dressmaker and a real joy to know, so please do drop by at her beautiful blog! Now for the nitty gritty bit that I often struggle with...the 7 random facts about me:

  1. Being so much in love with the Chinese dress know as the Qipao (or Cheongsam) and having enjoyed collecting it as well as wearing it every year, but also loving a good cup of tea and vintage styles.....I started dreaming about setting up a London "Qipao Tea Club"! Wouldn't it be utterly fabulous if all the ladies who loved this dress could gather together at a tea party in their beautiful Qipao dresses every now and then, perhaps with a vintage hairstyle or glamorous accessories to match, to have a bit of cake as well as tea and dancing? Just thinking about it is getting me ever so excited...and very soon, probably in the next week or so, you are likely to hear me banging on about almost everything on the Qipao when I start my "Qipao Love (All About Qipao)" series of posts!   
  2. I absolutely adore cats and have gone as far to try clicker training my handsome boy BouBou.....partly because I found out that is how they train the lions at the London Zoo and also because I wanted him to be able to come when he is called in case of a house fire. We haven't got very far in training, but result is that BouBou actually does answer to his name and every time he hears his name being mentioned he always turns around to look at the caller with a chirrup!
  3. You probably won't have noticed but I tend not to wear any blush when I do my make-up, as my rosy cheeks are prone to turning tomato red with any influence of laughter, dance or alcohol!
  4. I have recently started to learn embroidery of the freestyle silk shading type recently...and am surprised to say that I have become quite addicted to embroidery! Who would have thought that stitching could become so relaxing and addictive, especially for a poorly skilled needle-worker like me!
  5. On the subject of needles.....I am actually terrified of injections and blood tests because of the needled syringe and have to resist fainting at the sight of blood oozing, though strangely somehow I can cope with handling the sewing needle for embroidery.
  6. My favourite must sing songs whenever we go for karaoke are 'Don't cry for me Argentina' from Evita and 'Hero' by Mariah Carey.
  7. I also love musicals and ballet.....the most recent musical I saw was 'Singing In the Rain' where Spice Girl Geri Halliwell made a special appearance for the 'Children In Need' charity! I must say I loved the Gene Kelly movie set in Hollywood's glamorous 1929 when sound began taking over silent  movies, and I was not disappointed by the musical either...even with the overly shriek-y Lina Lamont character in the musical...so its definitely worth a fun evening out with friends, loved ones and family!
'Singin in the Rain' in London (2012).
Here's the original movie 'Singin in the Rain' with an absolutely charming Gene Kelly performing this favourite musical number:


Going to see 'Singin in the Rain' in London (2012).....
Now to pass on the baton.....I would like to pass on this "One Lovely Blog" Award to the following utterly lovely and even much much more amazing blogs than Walking In May, to show my appreciation of how truly lovely these blogs are:
Jessica at the ChronicallyVintage.com 
Lynn at the HeartedGirl.com 
Bethany at the GlamorousHousewife.com 
Sara at the Ladylike Delicacy 
Mitha Komala at the Letters to Juliet
If you fabulous ladies should choose to blog about this award, then please do put up the "One Lovely Blog" Award stamp (picture) on your blog, mention 7 random facts about yourself and pass it on to 10 or as many lovely blogs as you wish!
My handsome boy BouBou...who is also very lovely! x
Last but not in the very least is a little bit of news.......my blog Walking In May is actually 2 years old today.....so it is a Happy Blog BirthDay!! We have also just put up our Christmas tree a few days ago, have you put up your tree yet? Here's hoping all you lovely darlings have had a lovely week so far and will have a fabulous weekend!



Until the next time,
May xx

Please help ‘Walking In May’ grow by clicking to:
Love on Bloglovin 
Plus on Google+
Like on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
Pin on Pinterest
THANK YOU so so much!